Easy Peasey Lemon Squeezy SlicesThis is a lovely, quick recipe for when only something lemony and indulgent will do; these slices have a light, crumbly base and a creamy, zingy topping and are incredibly easy to make... (don't think about the calories in this one!)
For the base:300g plain flour
175g caster sugar
175 softened butter1 egg
For the topping:3 eggs
450g lemon curdZest of 2 lemons
175ml double cream
Heat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4
Line a 30cm x 20cm tin, I used a loose bottom one from Lakeland.
· In a food processor blitz the flour and butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add the sugar and blitz again, add one egg and whizz till incorporated, tip out and bring together into dough.
· Press evenly into the bottom of the tin
· Bake for 20mins or until slightly golden, remove from oven and leave to cool a little while you mix the topping ingredients.
· Mix together the lemon curd, lemon zest, cream and the remaining eggs.
· Spread the topping over the biscuit base
· Bake for 25-30mins or until light and golden.
· Take the tin from the oven and place on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
· When cool cut into 16 equal slices/rectangles or 32 squares
· Dust with icing sugar
· Eat and enjoy!!!