Who doesn’t love an indulgent piece of fudge? this is a great 'cheats' recipe as there is no boiling of sugar required, which is also handy if the kids want to help you.It’s a very versatile recipe and you can use either milk or plain choc, and you can use whatever fruit nut combination you like.
It makes a perfect gift too....
210g dried fruit &/or nuts (I chose equal amounts of cherries, blueberries and pistachios)
*reserve 50g of this for the topping*
230g plain or milk chocolate
230g milk or plain chocolate flavoured cake covering
* IMPORTANT NOTE -this is the ONLY time I would ever advocate using this, in this recipe it helps with the fudginess, but apart from this recipe never ever use it as chocolate substitute!*
1 can of condensed milk (normally about 400g)
½ tsp vanilla essence
50g white chocolate
· Line an 8 or 9inch square tin with baking parchment, break up the dark chocolate and the cake covering and put into a bowl along with the condensed milk.
· Stir briefly and then pop in the microwave for 2mins
· Stir thoroughly and then return to the microwave for a further 1 minute
· Stir to ensure all the chocolate is melted, add the vanilla, fruit & nuts and stir until combined.
· Pour into the tin and spread evenly, give the tin a tap of the counter to level it out and disperse any air bubbles.
· Melt the white chocolate, drizzle over the fudge and then sprinkle the remaining fruit and nut mix onto it.
· Chill in fridge until set (approx 3-4hrs
· To serve, cut into squares with a hot knife, store in an airtight container in a cool place.
· Should keep well for up to a week, if you manage to make it last that long!