If you were to ask me my favourite flavours up there in the top 5 would be coconut & peanut butter, so as you can imagine I LOVE this recipe!
These are delicious, chewy, nutty moreish slices of delight! And believe me, if you are a peanut fan like me, you’ll love them!
The original recipe came from the book ‘Simple Slices’ by the Australian Woman’s Weekly which I picked up at the airport on the way home from holiday in Gozo. I adapted it slightly to use up the ingredients in my cupboard.
Oh, and the best thing about this recipe? No baking and it keeps for up a week......
Chewy Coconut Peanut Butter Slices
· 60g butter, chopped
· 90g honey
· 110g light brown soft sugar
· 95g smooth peanut butter
· 2 tablespoons marmalade (whatever flavour you like, I used pomegranate as that was all I had in the cupboard - also from my hols in Gozo!)
· 90g rolled oats
· 50g Rice Crispies
· 35g desiccated coconut (plus extra for sprinkling)
· 75g dried fruit (I used cranberries but any dried fruit will be fine)
· 55g finely chopped glace cherries or pineapple.
· Line a 23cm square tin with baking parchment
· Combine the butter, honey, sugar, peanut butter & marmalade in a large saucepan and heat gently till the sugar has dissolved (don’t boil).
· Once the sugar has melted bring to a boil for 30 seconds or so and remove from heat.
· Stir in all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
· Pour into your lined tin and press down firmly till smooth and even.
· Sprinkle with the remaining desiccated coconut.
· Refrigerate till firm, slice, serve, enjoy!!!
· Will keep for at least a week in an airtight container kept in the fridge. Serve at room temperature.